Monday, May 12, 2008

Dominique Jackson "Spring Fever" Updates!!!

Hi everyone!

Many blessings and greetings from me. It seems like I haven't written an update note in forever. I have just been working and of course taking care of home. Life has changed drastically for me so it is a constant battle between work and being wifey : ) Despite my extremely busy schedule I somehow manage to make everything work and I actually feel pretty centered and grounded.

My personal and professional blessings have not stopped and I have continued to make great accomplishments each month as I continue to build my career. Looking back, I have been a full-time model and actress for a full year now and I feel very optimistic about the direction of my career and my future.

I have worked on so many great projects since I last wrote that I am not sure where to begin.

[Interruption, a call about a project for later this month : ) ]

The month of February was really great for me. I began working for a new company which immediately awarded me work. I worked the DVD Release for the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants. There I saw Eli Manning, Osi Umenyiora, and Michael Strahan. It is always amazing to me that I get paid to this. GO GIANTS!!!

Michael Strahan at New York Giants Super Bowl Championship DVD Release.

Right after the Giants event began the New York Art Expo. As I said before this company has been a complete blessing to me because my repeat clients represent about 75% of my work. They keep coming back. I was really excited to work the Art Show at the Jacob Javits Convention Center not only because it was a couple days of work (LOVE consecutive days of work) but because I would have the chance to observe great professional artists but also be in the company of great art enthusiasts. Who doesn't want to be in the company of people who are extremely talented but also people who can afford to drop big bucks on what tickles their fancy.

Artist Yuroz at The New York Art Expo.

In March, I did an industrial for Amika hair products. My hair has come quite in handy as I have begun my new career as talent. The flexibility I have with curly or straight hair has made me very marketable (Hype Hair and Braids & Beauty Magazines).

Dominique Jackson on the set of the Amika industrial.

As I already showed you in my photo albums I spoke on a panel for the Sister 2 Sister Youth Summit.

Dominique Jackson at the Sister 2 Sister Youth Summit.

And shot an independent film for 2 days on the Jersey Short and in Princeton, NJ. Being casted and traveling for this film was a great experience and I absolutely cannot wait to see the final product. I hope to share it with you all as soon as possible. My goal this year is to continue to secure principal roles.

Dominique Jackson on the set of "Cold, Dark, and Yesterday".

In April, I worked for Panasonic at the Major League Gaming event. I really had no idea how large gaming has grown although I was aware that Halo 3 had the best selling entertainment release of all time. The gamers came out in huge number to compete on their favorite video game and Panasonic paid me really well to be there. I really love branching out into other areas and diversifying my work experience.

Major League Gaming.

I also began working with a young man named Wesley Mills who is a writer and director. This guy is so talented because he writes really good pieces that have character and many times comedy. Needless to say he is a one man shop who also directs and edits his own pieces which always have little details that really separate them apart. I had no idea what direction he was going in but after seeing our first piece together I see it is kind of a new age Blacksploitation which I think is really cool and different. He is currently in the process of writing a romantic comedy which I will play the lead.

Dominique Jackson on the set of "A Bootlegged Story".

At the end of the month I was tapped to work the ANDY awards which are the Oscars for the Advertising Industry. Working live events is something that comes so natural to me after working in radio promotions and television production. To show up somewhere and mingle with great people and eat great food then leave with a paycheck is nothing to complain about.

Dominique Jackson at the International ANDY Awards.
http://www.andyawards.com/

This month I started off with an awesome audition for Fuse that really was encouraging. I neglected to mention that by working on the film "Confessions of a Shopaholic" I finally earned my last SAG vouchers which now makes me eligible for the union. In addition I had two really great auditions which resulted in callbacks for both and in one case an offer. These small accomplishments, no matter how small, are evidence that I am moving in the right direction and help to keep the fire alive.

Last week I worked the birthday party for Datwon Thomas who is the Editor-In-Chief of XXL Magazine and Editorial Director for KING and Rides Magazine. At the party were Fabolous, DJ Clue, Q Tip, Amanda Diva, Melyssa Ford, Rocsi & Terrance, Chali Baltimore, and many more. The party was at the penthouse in The Rivington Hotel on the lower east side which was INSANE. The view of the city from the penthouse and the rooftop was so ridiculous.

Dominique Jackson at Datwon Thomas's Birthday Party.

BUT I could not take part in the free flowing Hennessy because I had an early 9AM call the next day to the set of a feature film. More on that later..........

Well I think that is enough for now. I can't by any means include everything here and I don't think that is necessary but here is just a little update for those who might be interested. I know many of you have dreams and aspirations of your own and this is just a testimony that you can make your dreams come true with hard work and faith.

Lots of LOVE!
Dominique Jackson (Soon-to-be-Byrd)
http://www.DominiqueJackson.net
http://www.Myspace.com/DominiqueJackson
http://www.YouTube.com/DominiqueJackson
http://DominiqueJackson.Blogspot.com

[P.O. Box 567, NY, NY 10116]

Thanks: God, Family & Friends.
Prayers: Barack Obama, Sean Bell Family, Burma, Oklahoma, Missouri, Georgia, China.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home