Friday, August 22, 2008

Dominique Jackson "Summertime" Updates!!!

Hi Friends!!!

How you doin???

I have missed you guys terribly. I know I have been extremely absent but like many of you I have been busy; working, running my business, maintaining my new life, and planning my WEDDING!

For a couple of weeks my workload was TOO much but now that I am coming out of that period and getting my life back I really plan on re-connecting and spending time with some of you. The summer is not over yet and I plan on taking advantage : )

My usual grind has been in full throttle. Although summer is generally considered a slow period I have been doing fairly well although they aren't always the type of jobs I desire to do, they are still pretty decent gigs and of course I get PAID.

In July I did a two day promotional event for the wine brand Terra Fossil. The guys from this event were extremely generous. We were treated very well from our chauffeured service to The Hamptons from New York City by limo to the food at the restaurant to the lovely hotel rooms to the poolside lunch. Everything was impeccable. I was very worn out though after those two days.

The food was EXCELLENT!

The luxury and vintage car dealership was below the restaurant.

In the limo, posing, after dinner.

Eating crab cakes, sun-bathing, poolside.

It is kind of interesting that there is the one picture of me by myself in the limo after the first dinner party. I was actually the last one dropped off after we returned to the city and it was very interesting sitting in the back of a beautiful limousine by myself. Admiring the lovely New York City skyline, listening to slow jams, I had all of these very crazy thoughts and feeling running through me. Would this be my life one day? Is this my life already?

Anyhow the Hamptons trip was just the beginning of a string of continuous jobs all in a row, consecutive, that essentially is the reason why I spent the last couple of weeks trying to catch up.

The MLB Fan Fest, Home Run Derby and All-Star Game came to Yankee Stadium and I of course was in the house! It was so mind-blowing to be there one LAST time before Yankee Stadium is GONE. History.

They had an amazing exhibit on the Negro Leagues. It makes you proud to see such honor and bravery. I wonder if things were better separate? Did the struggle instill a a set of values and morals that were necessary to survive and be successful but without that struggle those lessons were forgotten? Enough with the sentimentality. Just asking.






I also worked the premiere party for "Step Brothers" in Manhattan. I absolutely LOVE rooftops. Rooftops are the kind of place that send me into a different zone if all the elements are working together. The vibe is just so seductive that it allows you to unwind and I KNOW I need that..like NOW..like ALL the time.




Many of you know I am a shoe model. It is just a hustle I stumbled into (no pun) and ever since I have been booked for every show. As a freelancer I am my own boss and I am my business/brand so it is always great to have many different ways to make money. You have to diversify your portfolio to keep the flow coming. The interesting thing about shoe modeling is that the money is quite good. I was honored to be invited to Vegas to model for a new client. I am generally NYC based for my work but hey...if you want to PAY, I will be on the next flight.

Vegas was very nice. My flight was canceled on the first day so I departed the next day and flew all day FIRST CLASS. The flight was very relaxing and gave me a chance to sit and do nothing all day while being tended to all day. I wasn't sure how I would take the all-day of traveling after a canceled flight but by the time I got to Vegas I was cool as a cucumber. The hotel wasn't bad but the thing I loved the most was the Mexican food. I have been waiting soo long to return to the West Coast to have my food and even though it wasn't home it was good enough. It was kind of crazy to see all of the slot machines in the lobby of the hotel but I was really feeling the vibe there. I LOVE hot weather so going back to Vegas is a MUST. My last day there I worked the show. Went back to the hotel. Took a short swim. Had a delicious dinner. Then got on a red-eye flight back to NYC.


My client "Oh Deer!".

Pretending to gamble. Ha!

Getting my grub on.

A cool pool on a hot day.

Well I got back to NYC and literally the next week I was booked for ANOTHER week of shoe modeling. I am always blessed to have work, paying work, well paying work BUT geez I was sooo tired. My life has really changed so these days I have many more responsibilities than before. Being at Cole Haan was fun and I got to see my friend Tara Page a model I met at the ANDY Awards. It was such a coincidence that we worked the same show for the same client but in NYC is is pretty hard to go to a job or audition where you don't see someone you know. The industry circle is pretty small.



Our Runway


Backstage at Cole Haan

Believe it or not I still have 3 more events I worked that aren't included in this update so they will have to wait for the next note. I worked on a Feature Film, had a Photo Shoot and worked yesterday for Nike so look out for that. PLUS you know the wedding stuff will slowly start to roll in over the next month so look out for that too. Hopefully we won't kill you too much with the wedding stuff but I know many of you will be involved so it will be something that we will all share together : )

I hope you are all well and enjoying your summer. Many of you cross my mind frequently so even if I haven't spoken to you recently you are still on my radar and I am thinking about you and probably checking on you too when I can. You probably can't tell but it is true. Lots of kisses!

xoxox,

Dominique Jackson
http://www.DominiqueJackson.net
http://www.Twitter.com/DominiqueJ
http://www.Myspace.com/DominiqueJackson
http://www.YouTube.com/DominiqueJackson
http://DominiqueJackson.Blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home