Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The 32nd Annual Emmy Awards

As we all know - if you know me well - I have an itching need to constantly be active and busy. Like many of my industry peers we are always on the prowl searching for our next gig, event, party or whatever. When I was offered to work at the Emmy's I quickly accepted. Although I am mostly involved with the basura of pop culture and cable, I knew the Emmy's was a great opportunity to rub elbows with highly intelligent and creative people making MOVES (you know i'm all about moves, lol).

At the modest Marriott Marquee in Times Square, the brains behind all our favorite shows duked it out for daytime TV's top honor, an Emmy. Being in the midst of these creative genuises I gained a new respect for the many people who write, direct, host, and compose for our favorite shows. Day in day out, many little intricate pieces are tied together to present to us a shiny product BUT many times we don't recognize all the work it takes. Well the Emmy Awards do just that, they recognize the best of the best on daytime TV at the moment.

The Emmy itself modeled after the wife of the first sculptor is quite heavy BUT the feeling you get when holding one....whew..... (I wasn't even a winner) is pure bliss!



~dj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home